Monday 24 October 2016

Fridge

I have been working on a miniature 1/12th scale fridge to go with my room box that you see frequently on my youtube tutorials. Short of doing up a template myself I used one that was already done and perfectly suited the size of my mini kitchen. I have been a subscriber to Kris' 1 inch minis blog for quite some time and I was delighted to discover that Kris did some work on a double door fridge. Check out Kris' post here: goo.gl/bDqc0i

This was the basic template I used. I did add a few extras however.


Here is my re-creation


Instead of having the fridge door and freezer compartment fixed, I decided to add some pin hinges. The notebook attacked to the fridge has a tutorial available on my youtube channel.


I wanted my fridge to suit my bench tops, which is why I changed my mind about steel and sprayed it black instead. Also the handles I made are less fancy than that Kris made. They're just toothpicks and dowel.


Inside has a simple divider down the middle and some shelves on the left made from ply. The baskets I made from polymer clay. I also added a shelf area to the right door. I didn't add any to the left otherwise the door wouldn't be able to close.


The freezer drawer is just a simple box drawer. I still have to fix up a small area that got a bit black from over spray, however its at the bottom of my list to do since you can't see it anyway =)

Keep miniaturing on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment