Friday 16 August 2019

Where have I been!??

Holy moly it was been quite a few months!
For those of you that don't follow my Instagram or may not be aware, my city was hit with a biblical type monsoon flood in early February 2019. Biggest flood in history I might add, and it smooshed over 70% of the city.


 






As well as a big ol puddle of water, all the sewerage lines broke so everything was contaminated and super smelly on top of being wet. The sheer weight of the water even cracked out foundation and was left unsanitised for months. By the time my building company agreed that I needed a cleaner, this is ow the cracks looked under the flooring. Completely full of mould, slime and what i can only call as poo goo. Disgusting.


It was a huge job replacing the bottom half of my house, and naturally because there is thousands of houses affected, it took months before contractors could come to work on my house. While I was waiting for repairs, another plague hit my city. Epic amounts of mould. What furniture did survive the flood was now covered in the biggest forest of mould I have seen. All of our remaining furniture was gone after that. Being a severe asthmatic, anything porous like wood or fabric, was thrown out.


Even my dog passed on his blessings as we waited for the council truck to pick up a little of the furniture.








But after a lot of waiting, my house repairs are, finally, almost complete. Replacement furniture was arrived and I have been slowly putting stuff together and trying to take and invent of all the craft items I need to replace. which is pretty much all of it, I might add.
 

Thankfully my feature wall survived for the most part. There was some damage along the bottom and around the window sill, but a small sand and touch up did the trick.


Storm got his pillow corner back. So he was fairly happy to cuddle on the new pillows.



Replacement shelving is in and for the past week I have been organising and storing craft bits and pieces that i managed to save in time. Since I pretty much left it all intact for 5 months, there was a lot to go through.




All in all, this is why I have been absent for months and there is still a little bit to go before I'll be back making miniatures. I have put in a huge order for clay so hopefully that will arrive within the next month.  Once the builders have put on the final touches and I have my order of goods, I should be ready to start up making minis again.


Thanks for reading though all this and I promise I'll be back soon. cya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment