Monday 29 August 2016

Puppy pillow

Every pooch needs a comfy place to nap.  I will show you how I made a bed worthy of any pampered furpet. 

 For this bed I used high quality mattress foam, but you can use anything that is cheap and available from your local craft or retail store. This bed was made for my friends large pooch, so medium density foam was ideal. I chose quilting fabric or 100% cotton for durability since they are large dogs. I also used a craft glue stick, zipper and piping string.

These are the colours I chose. 

I started by measuring the fabric against the foam bed. Leaving 1cm extra fabric on all sides. For the side I wanted the zipper on, I folded the fabric in half lengthwise and cut.  Next I ironed a seam on both pieces. This will be where the zipper is placed later. I sewed the two seams together to form one piece of fabric. Now with the seams facing up, I glued the zipper face down along the seam. This is to make sure the fabric doesn't move when sewing.


I sewed down each side of the zipper then picked apart the seam to free the zipper.


Now I ironed the seams on the remaining  pieces of fabric, including the piece for piping. For the piping, I ironed a stip in half lengthways and glued the piping rope along the seam. Next I folded the fabric over the rope and sew end to end. Lastly I sewed all the pieces together like a regular cushion.  

Perfect pillow for my friend's pampered pooch. Quality tested by my pocket pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment